The National Archaeological Museum of Taranto is ones of the most important in Italy and was founded in 1887.
The Museum is located from the beginning in a building named as Convent of S. Pasquale or of the Alcantarini monks, erected in mid-18th century. The structure has been expanded during the 20th century by the erection of the Northern wing, named Ala Ceschi.
Starting from 1998 began the new restauration, part of it had been completed with the official opening during december 2007.
Actually it is possible to visit the first floor of the Museum, which hosts the greek, roman and apulian collections, among which the famous golds artifacts.
National Archaeological Museum of Taranto / Musée National Archéologique de Taranto
Via Cavour, 10
OPENING TIME: EVERY DAYS 8:30 - 19:30
DECEMBER, 25th, JANUARY, 1th and MAY, 1th CLOSING